Pilates Pathway is run by Becky Dickson, a qualified Body Control Pilates Matwork Teacher and a Certified Back4Good® Practitioner and Registered BackCare Professional with charity Backcare.
Pilates Pathway offers group and private matwork classes in and around Colchester, Essex, including Stanway, Copford and West Mersea. A progressive approach is taken, teaching good movement skills step-by-step, which will ultimately give you the strength and flexibility you need to perform the more advanced classical Pilates exercises. The class levels range from Beginners through to Intermediate.
Clients are welcome of any age, and with a wide range of fitness levels.
Benefits of Pilates
- Improved posture and alignment
- Better core stability, leading to a firmer, flatter stomach and a more defined waist
- Stronger back muscles and a healthier spine
- Increased joint mobility and bone density
- Better co-ordination and improved balance
- Greater muscle strength and tone; firmer buttocks and thighs, toned arms and shoulders
- More efficient breathing pattern and increase circulation
- Relieves unwanted stress and tension; giving you more energy
Initially Pilates is not aerobic, but it is energising, and both mentally and physically challenging for all clients. The exercises are safe enough to benefit those with back problems, yet challenging enough for professional dancers and athletes.